Taught master's open days
You can find out more about our taught master's courses by visiting an open day event at Manchester.
University open days
The University runs regular postgraduate taught open days, with activities including campus tours, accommodation visits, and general introductions to postgraduate taught study.
CHSTM taster events
To provide information specifically on our taught master's courses, we regularly hold taster events, the most recent of which took place on 29 November 2017. Talks covered course structures and content, the application process, and career opportunities, including progression from taught master's study to PhD research.
Videos from our most recent taster event are available on the following topics:
- MSc in History of Science, Technology and Medicine and MSc in Medical Humanities
- MSc in Science Communication
- Career destinations, fees and funding
For queries about graduate study at CHSTM, please contact the relevant member of staff:
- MSc History of Science, Technology and Medicine (HSTM): Dr James Sumner
- MSc Science Communication: Dr David Kirby
- MSc Medical Humanities: Dr Carsten Timmermann and Dr Sarah Collins
- PhD and MPhil research: Professor Pratik Chakrabarti
Intercalating medical students
Medical students can intercalate on any of our courses. Please contact the relevant member of staff from the list above to find out more.
Prospective students interested in Medical Humanities may want to take a look at past examples of creative student work on the Medical Humanites Lab website.